Welcome to the official forum of Make-a-plier! Chat with your fellow Markiplites and have a great time. Just remember to check the rules post and be respectful. Homepage

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Video on Coping

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Was this helpful to you?
Yes
100%
 100% [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Does not apply/not depressed
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Video did not work :(
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Admin.M.Magic
Admin

PostSubject: Video on Coping   Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:15 am

Once upon a time, I made a video giving a suggestion on how to deal with depression/suicidal thoughts/anxiety. You can check it out here!

Wilfred Warfstache Hello, lovely! Admin. Mistress Magic, at your service! Don't hesitate to let me know if you need help!
The image was made by Ashleigh (Cutieplier) Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://mymagicalclowder.wixsite.com/make-a-plier-fanart
Cutieplier

PostSubject: Re: Video on Coping   Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:14 am

Can I just say first off, you are ADORABLE. You're just so sweet and cute and oh my goodness I just want to hug you. ヽ( ´ ∇ ` )ノ

I just watched through your video and I took a lot from your coping strategies and tips. I've had depression for a number of years and most recently, I got diagnosed with multiple anxiety disorders that have impacted my life in a really negative way. Like you said, depression and anxiety go hand in hand, so when one is bad, the other gets bad too. Mark is usually my number one source for coping; along with listening to music and writing, etc. but I love the Happy Box idea, so much so that I'm going to do it myself. I think working on it and building it up is a good coping strategy too.

Sometimes things get too overwhelming and too unbearable but I think the Happy Box along with some of the ideas you shared would be an awesome way to distract people from the horrible feelings they're experiencing.

Thank you for sharing something so personal and for helping others (including myself!) so kindly. I'm sorry you went through depression but I'm so pleased you're feeling better in yourself. You deserve all the happiness in the world. ♡

If you ever need to talk to anyone Ingz, I will be here. That goes for anyone reading this, too. You're not alone.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Video on Coping   Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Aw, thank you so much for watching, Ash! It makes me so happy that you can take something from it and incorporate it into your own life! I wish you the best of luck in battling with your demons! Thank you so much for your support; I am here for you as well I love you

Wilfred Warfstache Hello, lovely! Admin. Mistress Magic, at your service! Don't hesitate to let me know if you need help!
Back to top Go down
Admin.M.Magic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Video on Coping   Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:01 am

Hey, guys! We're in the middle of fall, so I thought now would be as good a time as any to talk about SAD (seasonal affective disorder). I'm sure some people are already feeling the effects of the changes in season. You're not alone! 14-26% of Americans experience some degree of moodiness or depression during the colder months. And the farther north you are, the more common it is for people in your area to be affected.
Here's a few ways you can help yourself feel better!
Like a Star @ heaven SAD occurs most often in fall and winter partially because there is typically less sunlight. This means we aren't getting as much vitamin D, which can really affect our mood! If you can afford your own light therapy box, that's awesome! If not, try to make a routine for yourself where you can take walks outside at least a few times a week. Keep your blinds open and let that sunlight pour into your home!
Like a Star @ heaven Exercising is another way to help yourself feel better. Head out to the gym with some buddies and blow off some steam Smile Can't afford a gym membership? Thankfully, YouTube has pretty much everything. Take some time to look up reliable work out videos and exercise in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
Like a Star @ heaven Relax your mind with a little yoga and mediation. Maybe even burn some incense, if you're not allergic. It smells nice Very Happy
Like a Star @ heaven Don't be afraid to talk to your doctor! SAD is more than just seasonal mood swings. If you don't blow this off, you'll be much better off for it in the long run! Your doctor may prescribe phototherapy (light therapy) or medication; don't worry! Just be aware of any side affects and keep track of how you're feeling every day. Keep a journal if that will help you remember things better (it might also help by giving you an outlet to vent on bad days!). Just know that your doctor is here to help you, so put your trust in them.
Like a Star @ heaven Any days you are feeling sad or unsure, turn to your family and friends! They're there to support you, just as you would support them if there was anything they needed. And there's us, here, too! We're here for you and we're rooting for you!
I got most of my information from the Mayo Clinic website. If you want more information, click here to get started.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video on Coping   

Back to top Go down

Video on Coping
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1