Mark's Girlipliers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official forum of Make-a-plier! Chat with your fellow Markiplites and have a great time. Just remember to check the rules post and be respectful. Homepage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Magic Mission Statement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin.M.Magic
Admin
Admin.M.Magic

The Magic Mission Statement Empty
PostSubject: The Magic Mission Statement   The Magic Mission Statement EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi, all! So ever since the birth of the Mark's Girlipliers fan site, I've been content to keep to myself and, for the most part, out of the public eye. Now, though (granted, this might be sleep deprivation combined with a giant can of Red Bull talking), I have a few things I'd like to get off my chest. So here I present to you lovely Markiplites:
Mistress Magic's Mission Statement and One-Sided History of the Girlipliers!
The Mission Today
What started out as an inkling of a thought and grew into a fun idea (more on that later) is now a goal to give artists a space they know will give them the recognition they deserve and a gathering place for fans to connect. I have always been an admirer of art (all forms), and the ability of the human mind to create never ceases to astound me. The fact that there is a human being out there who, just by being himself, inspired a wonderful, open, creative community absolutely melts my heart! I'm very proud to be a host among the Girlipliers for their website, and I have nothing but high hopes for our little project! Like a Star @ heaven
How It All Began aka How I Met the Girlipliers
I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but I know it involved Twitter. Someone I follow re-tweeted an edit that Leila had created for this club, as it were. Completely in love with the image in front of me, I suggested that it could be the cover of a magazine. This is how I struck up conversation with Krista, Leila and Ashleigh. We mused at the thought of printing our own Markiplier girly magazine and issuing it to subscribers. Never one to let opportunity slide (not these days, anyway), I became determined to make something out of this. The idea we had going felt like nothing less than magic. Knowing it would be much easier, we swapped to the idea of running a website; we wouldn't have to find a printer and access would be much simpler for consumers. More driven than ever, I finally let myself be suckered into Game Theorist MatPat's SquareSpace offer. I'm so glad that I did! Adding content to the website couldn't be easier and I've had nothing but positive reviews on its functionality! I'd always planned on adding a forum, too, and ForuMotion has been a great host so far! Editing here is also a breeze, and I couldn't be more pleased with the layout!
I LOVE The People I Work With!!!
Where do I even start? Before I started letting myself become close with the Girlipliers, I wasn't even all that active in the community. I had very little desire to talk to other fans. If I hadn't met these people, I would probably still feel the same way, and life would be much lonelier and just less magical. And I'm not some kind of "Quiet Queen," ruling in the shadows behind the face of the Girlipliers; they have been the biggest help in every aspect of the website! As much as the girls like to credit me as the website's "creator," I'm not. THEY are the creators! They set off the spark that started the dream; they give me all kinds of content and their own ideas while I simply found a blank space to fill with their thoughts and their art. Not to discredit myself completely; I had many ideas of my own that were incorporated. But this website-- the COMMUNITY'S website-- would be absolutely nothing without them!
MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!! Quite unexpectedly, I have found close friends in these people I work with. The Girlipliers have given me a safe place in their hearts to talk about my problems. As much as I talk about being a positive force in the world and helping others with their emotional needs, I need people to confide in as well. No matter what I'm going through, be it phases of feeling down, or unusual life problems, sickness, or crazy dreams, Krista, Leila, and Ashleigh are always there to listen. Furthermore, I know that if I were to ever really be in trouble, these are people I can call friends who I know would do everything in their power to make things right again. Even though I'm not an OG (Original Girliplier  Wink ), they still accept me for the weirdo I am, and I feel so blessed to have discovered them in my Twitter feed. I can only hope that everyone can find a circle of friends as amazing and beautiful as this one. And if you're reading all my sappy, ramble-y writings right now and you're someone who feels alone and friendless, I know the Girlipliers will welcome you with open arms. That's just the kind of loving, open people they are.

So that's pretty much all the stuff that's been weighing on my chest. Thank you for reading I love you I doubt you're really wondering about my history with the man himself, Markiplier (kind of like how I doubt you were really wondering about all this lol); but if you want to prove me wrong, go ahead and ask me. I'll give you a short story on that, too jocolor

Also, I want to give a shout-out to Nadine aka N-ko. She has been a great friend and a supporter of the website since the very beginning!

Last edited by Admin.M.Magic on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mymagicalclowder.wixsite.com/make-a-plier-fanart
LeilaKalupe

LeilaKalupe

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Mission Statement   The Magic Mission Statement EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Awwww <3 What a beautiful post Ingz!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
N-ko

N-ko

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Mission Statement   The Magic Mission Statement EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Yes they really are the best friends a nerdy, strange girl can have!

I always try to support great ideas and I love the website and the forum (I just like forums) and all of the great work you did until now and will do in the future! If you ever need my skills (whatever those are XD) I would gladly help. Thank you for the shout-out <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Magic Mission Statement   The Magic Mission Statement Empty

Back to top Go down

The Magic Mission Statement
Page 1 of 1